Just as with your classes, you get more out of your Writing Center visit if you prepare before you get here. Consider a few tips that will make your appointment more rewarding:
Face-to-Face Appointment in RB 295
- Bring your assignment sheet with you. It helps the tutors to know what your teacher has asked of you. Also bring any work you have already done on the project, which can include outlines, research articles, drafts, and notes you have made.
- Have questions or ideas ready for the tutor. This gives your session more direction right from the start.
- Give yourself enough time between your tutoring session and your deadline to revise your writing; stopping by The Writing Center right before you turn in your paper doesn’t give you time to use what you’ve learned.
- Come to The Writing Center with the goal of improving your writing, not just fixing your paper.
- Come back for another appointment to continue to strengthen your writing skills over time.