Richard has taught dozens of courses at Ball State over his 30+ years, at both the undergraduate level and now in the on-line 主人 in Technology 教育. Common topics include design, manufacturing, transportation, an introductory technology & society class, methods courses in the teacher preparation sequence, and graduate classes related to curriculum development and implementation of technological and engineering-based content. He manages the iSTEM instructional and laboratory complex (AT #143) in the Applied Technology Building.
Among his greatest contributions to the profession include leadership and service at all levels, from local to international activities. Richard has served as the chair of BSU’s Professional Education Committee for many years, and has led numerous departmental committees (scholarships, graduate, promotion and tenure, etc.). He was the 1995-1996 president of Indiana’s Technology Education (state) association, and has served two terms on the board of directors of the 国际 Technology & Engineering Educators Association. He was the national competitive events coordinator for the Technology Education Collegiate Association for 16 years. He served as (international) President of the Council for Technology Teacher 教育 from 2007-2010. Richard has organized and conducted implementation workshops across the nation.
- Samuels, K. and Seymour, R. (2015) “The middle school curriculum: Engineering anyone?”, Technology & Engineering Teacher, 74(6), 8-12citation for published work
- “Integrating STEM Into Existing Laboratory-Based Activities”, refereed presentation, 78th annual conference of the 国际 Technology & Engineering Educators Association, Milwaukie, WI, March 2015
- Markert, L.R., Merrill, C., Reeve, E., & Seymour. R. (Dec 2012 / Jan 2013). “The future of technology and engineering education”, Technology and Engineering Teacher, 72(4), 35-42.
- “Using Competitive Events To Enhance Instruction”, refereed presentation, 75th annual conference of the 国际 Technology & Engineering Educators Association, Columbus, OH, March 2013
- “How On-line Teaching Enhances Face-to-Face Instruction”, CTTE program presentation, 74th annual conference of the 国际 Technology & Engineering Educators Association, Long Beach, CA, March 2012
- 西摩河。 （2003年）。 “与他人分享技术为基础的活动的想法”。的技术教师，体积63（1），7-10。
||0000 - 0000