Please note: as of March 17, Meditation in the Museum sessions for spring 2020 have been cancelled, but will be rescheduled for later dates.
Meditation in the Museum is in the Asian Art Gallery or the African Art Gallery (unless otherwise noted) at 3 p.m. most Fridays during the academic year.
Sessions are free and open to the public, and each lasts approximately 45-60 minutes. RSVPs are not necessary; simply stop by. A towel, blanket, or yoga mat is recommended.
Presented by the Ball State Meditation Partnership and featuring the Ball State University Counseling Center and Dr.
George Wolfe for meditation, and Cindy Cash for laughter yoga, with the support of the David Owsley Museum of Art. Dr. Wolfe is Professor Emeritus at Ball State University, where he served as director of the Center for Peace and Conflict Studies.
Spring 2020 Topics:
- January 17 – Meditation as the 4th state of consciousness with Dr. George Wolfe
- January 24 – Guided meditation for relieving stress with the Counseling Center
- January 31 – "Heart-fulness" vs. mindfulness. Meditation as a means of surrender with Dr. George Wolfe
- February 7 – Coloring your stress away with the Counseling Center
- February 14 – Entering the state of non-desire with Dr. George Wolfe
- February 21– Compassion: improving your relationship with self and others with the Counseling Center
- February 28 – Awakening your faculties of Insight and realization with Dr. George Wolfe
- March 6 – No Meditation in the Museum due to Spring Break
- March 13 – Channeling your creativity into mindfulness practice with the Counseling Center
- March 20 – The role of thoughts in meditation with Dr. George Wolfe
- March 27 – Guided meditation with music with the Counseling Center
- April 3 – Liberation from past impressions with Dr. George Wolfe
- April 10 – Mindfulness for academic success with the Counseling Center
- April 17 – Meditation in the Mexican Modernity exhibition with Dr. George Wolfe
- April 24 – Laughter yoga with Certified Laughter Yoga leader Cindy Cash in the Sculpture Court